Monday 18 June 2007

Sex in the City… well, not quite!

A combination of luck and planning made our visit to the USA coincide with Juliet’s visit to New York. So I left Matthew in New Haven, and I head towards the Big Apple to, in scenery slightly different to our usual meeting points, put ourselves up to date on my travels and the news of life in London in my absence. We walked along the Fifth Avenue, Madison Avenue, Central Park, and in a pure “Sex in the City” style ended up indulging a New York manicure (all this while Matthew undertook activities slightly more intellectual visiting the museums in New Haven and debating whether to participate in the casting of the next Indiana Jones movie that they are filming in the city). The manicure put me over our daily $10 budget, despite the weak dollar, but now I can write the blog while admiring nails that don’t look like mine and that will definitely not last very long….

No comments: